Orange County Chapter to Host Spring Workshop
By FEMIA SCARFONE
—The CATESOL Orange County Chapter will be hosting a full-day Spring Workshop on Saturday, April 29, 2017, at North Orange County Community College District’s Anaheim Campus, 1830 West Romneya Drive in Anaheim.
The chapter is featuring a brand-new format in which participants can choose to attend three sessions from six different presentations all related to the theme of technology. The speakers will be Roger Dupuy, Susan Gaer, Denise Maduli-Williams, Victorya Nam, Meg Parker, and Brent Warner.
Registration includes breakfast, lunch, concurrent sessions, poster sessions, publishers’ exhibits, and opportunity drawings. Online registration ends on Friday, April 21, 2017. Onsite registration will be available on April 29, the day of the workshop, at a surcharge of $15. Tickets are nonrefundable. The cost is $60 for CATESOL members with reduced rates of $50 for CATESOL student members and $60 for nonmember students. The cost for poster presenters is $40. CATESOL nonmembers pay $70, but if you join CATESOL, you can take advantage of the CATESOL member rate. You can download the membership application from www.catesol.org.
We encourage you to visit the “events” tab on our chapter’s new website http://catesoloc.org for the most up-to-date information about the concurrent sessions and event program.
To volunteer to help the day of the workshop, email the volunteer coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you will plan to attend the workshop to gain valuable insights to further implement and enjoy using technology in your teaching, to peruse the publishers’ exhibits, to learn from our poster sessions, to catch up with colleagues, and to make new friends.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/CATESOLOrangeCountyChapter.
Femia Scarfone is past coordinator of the Orange County Chapter.
More in Chapters
- One Student’s Motivating Experience
at the OC Chapter Fall Workshop
- IE Chapter Celebrates Chinese New Year
- The Year of the Rooster: Food, Drink, and TESOL
- 5 Speakers the Highlight at
OC Chapter’s Fall Workshop
- Meet Steinbeck Chapter’s Vibrant New Leadership
- IE’s First Iron Educator Conference Produces Champion Lessons
More in Orange County
- OC Chapter to Feature 5 Speakers in Special Fall Workshop
- Strategies That Work! OC Chapter Spring Workshop
Shifts Focus to Learning
- Dive Into Classroom-Management Strategies
at OC Chapter Workshop
- Responding to Multilingual Writers Effectively AND Efficiently
- OC Workshop: A How-To on Writing Feedback
- Beyond “Repeat After Me”: OC Workshop Features Pronunciation