The CATESOL News runs a wide variety of articles, but one of the most important qualifications is that they be of interest to the membership of CATESOL. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching: Lesson plans and ideas that teachers can use in the classroom, projects, practices, reflections
- Events: Previews and wrap-ups of annual and regional conferences, chapter workshops and meetings
- News: Advocacy and legislative news, faculty issues, interest group discussions, announcements, calls for proposals and submissions
- Resources: Award competitions, grants, scholarships, online resources and discoveries
- Transitions: Life changes, job changes, new classes, new programs
- Features: Reviews of books that might tie into the field, or anything else that might not fit in one of the listed categories
In short, if your topic might be of interest to CATESOL members, please submit it!
As for length, 600-800 words is a good place to start, but shorter is fine too. And if your topic requires it, longer is also acceptable. Photos, the more the better, should be submitted as jpg files. And if you haven’t written for the News before, please submit photos of yourselves to go along with your articles.
Deadlines and Publication Dates
Deadlines and publication dates for the quarterly issues are:
Early submissions are always welcome.
If you are a new author and would like to submit an article to the News, please write to:
This address is for the initial contact only; please don’t try to paste your article in that space. Write your message and I will be in touch. I look forward to hearing from you.
Editor, CATESOL News